Divorced couples reveal: 21 things that if they had done they would still be married
For many people a wedding is a dream come true, but for others it has led to severe disappointment. Today we are here to talk about marriage from the perspective of those who loved and were disappointed.
We collected 21 things, that if implemented, the divorcees said they would have saved their marriage.
On the face of it this is a sad subject, but the wisdom is to take things and apply them in our relationship, whether in marriage or not.
Many of these things serve as a reminder that love is in the small details.
1. There is no guarantee that your marriage will be as good as the vows. It all depends on how much you invest each day.
2. The root of love should be deep from the beginning. If the love is based on attraction or superficial, the love will die.
There will be frustrating parts in your marriage, but love enough to be patient and get through the hard times and flourish in the good ones.
4. The grass is not always greener. Even if it looks abundant, you do not know the quality of the soil.
5. It's much more than a ring. Can you imagine getting old or sick with this person?
6. It is better to relax alone than to throw harsh words in a fight
7. You both need to take turns navigating the ship
8. If your spouse is taking a step back and does not want to talk, you may have to wait until they want to. Patiently.
9. Marriage is not always exciting. Finding pleasure in everyday things will help you a lot.
10. A good marriage means getting your hands dirty a little. Daily participation. And not expect something perfect.
11. We are all under construction as the work progresses. Accept your spouse as long as they work on it as well.
12. Intimacy is the only thing that separates your marriage from other relationships you have had. Cultivate it.
13. In a good marriage you need two people who are still learning about life and each other.
14. Sometimes, in a marriage one has to bend over and tie the shoelaces of the spouse if he or she is unable to.
15. Expect serious storms during the marriage. You may question your love for your spouse and feel lonely at times.
16. But in a good marriage there are two partners who work together in difficult times and see the light on a new and better day.
17. A good partnership is simple, really. It just feels easy - most of the time.
18. If your spouse feels they can lock or hold you, it's not love. It is toxic control.
19. Love is to sometimes let your spouse rest and feel lazy. We can not be at our best 24/7.
20. And the little gestures you make or don’t make every day eventually add up.
21. Making these small gestures can lead to big changes in favor of marriage.
Share these pearls of wisdom with friends and family!