15 brilliant psychological tricks everyone should know
The following psychological tricks and tips will make your life easier and will help you cope with stressful situations.
Definitely worth reading!
1. When a group of people is laughing, people instinctively look for the member group they feel closest to (or want to be closest to it).
2. chew gum or eat food when doing something that usually makes you feel anxious. It makes your brain think that you can't be compromised because you're eating.
3. If someone is mad at you and you remain calm, they're probably more angry, but later they will be ashamed of themselves.
4. If you ask someone a question and they give you a partial answer, keep eye contact and keep quiet. The person who answered you assume that the original answer wasn't good enough, and he will continue to talk.
5. Showing emotions is one way to make emotions. If you want to feel happy, smile as hard as you can.
6. Don't say or write, "I think" or "I believe". It is implicit anyway, and it sounds as though you lack confidence.
7. Before interviews, imagine your old friends with your interviewers. You control the way you see the situation, and your comfort level will be transfered to others.
8. If you cause yourself to be happy and are very excited to see other people, the next time they see you, they probably will be much happier and excited too (our dogs do this exercise each time).
9. People will normally agree to do little favor if they refused a bigger favor first.
10. Many physical effects of stress are like shortness of breath, if you reverse the stressful situation into a challenge, your stress will become positive.
11. most people can't tell the difference between genius and confidence. If it seems like you know what you're talking about, people will gather around you.
12. If you work in a customer service, put a mirror behind you. People will be nicer, because nobody wants to see himself acting like a jerk.
13. If you are in staff meeting and are expecting someone to attack you, sit next to them. Mentally they will feel less safe to attack you. Or at least they will be slightly less mean.
14. when on a first date, take your date somewhere exciting and exhilarating. They will associate this exciting sensation you with.
15. try to discern the color of someone's eyes when you meet them. People will love you more for this eye contact.